Salsa Blacklist?? Does it really exist?? Why salsa dancers get blacklisted and what to do about it? More importantly, ARE YOU ON THIS LIST??!!
It's the same story anywhere you go. As a salsero, at almost every Latin party, I find that there are one, two, or even three salseras that come to me asking to be "rescued".
It usually goes down like this...
A beautiful salsera walks quickly towards me and sits down next to me, leans over and says one of three things:
1. "Quick! Act like you are going to ask me to dance"
2. "Act like you're my boyfriend"
3. "Make believe we are busy talking."
"Why?" - I ask:
"See that guy over there behind you ? He's about to ask me to dance, but I don't want to! "
Its a cry of desperation. These salseras have put certain salseros on a blacklist. And for good reason.
What put them (or you) on a salsa blacklist?
Most of the salseros are nice guys, but the women just want to run away.Here is the number 1 complaint
"The guy is too rough!"
Guys, when you are leading the girl, do NOT be too rough ! Be gentle ! Girls do NOT like it when they feel like their arms are going to be ripped out of their sockets !
What's more, it can be dangerous. Women are not ragdolls for you to throw around.
How do you know if you are too rough ?
Here are some signs that you are too rough.
1. You find yourself constantly pulling the girl around
2. You find yourself constantly pushing the girl too much
3. You feel like the girl can't follow you. Let me rephrase that "You think all the women you dance with suck, because they can't follow you"
4. You find that she is constantly off balance.
5. You find that women seem to run away from you when you are walking towards them
6. You find that the women who's run away from you leans over to some other guy (most likely to be rescued.)
7. You find that the guy she just talked to, tries to discretely look around the room ! (That's a big tipoff there)